OSHA requires that an employer must ensure prompt first aid treatment for injured employees. This can be done either by providing a trained first aid provider at the worksite, or by ensuring that emergency treatment services are within reasonable proximity of the worksite. The purpose of these standards is to assure that adequate first aid is available in the critical minutes between when an injury occurs and the availability of physician or hospital care for the injured employee. Since not all worksites can be within reasonable proximity to emergency care, First Aid Training is essential. LeadSmart is now an American Red Cross Authorized Training Provider.
This four-hour private class on Construction Site First Aid will cover:
- Basic First Aid topics such as how to recognize and care for:
- An unresponsive adult
- Other sudden illnesses
- Injuries and Environment Emergencies
- Opioid overdose and administering Naloxone
- How to recognize life-threatening bleeding and apply a tourniquet
- How to perform effective CPR
- How to properly use an automated external defibrillator (AED)
Time: 4 Hours (1 Day)
Upon successful completion of the class, attendees will receive two certificates:
- An official American Red Cross training certificate will be emailed within 48 hours of course completion.
- LeadSmart Training will mail a laminated wallet card within five working days.