NEWS CONCERNING YOUR CSL RENEWAL
We offer both INITIAL CSL Preparatory Classes as well as RENEWAL CSL Classes.
Information regarding your initial CSL testing can be found below on our LICENSES tab which will direct you to MA site providing you with all the information you need. To prepare for your test, we suggest you participate in one of our preparatory classes. We offer both an online course as well as a LIVE in person class throughout MA.
- Class Schedule Coming Soon
On April 17, 2020, BBRS released the details of their effort to assist us CSL’s who have their license expiring during this STATE OF EMERGENCY (SOE).
Since there is a bit of information to relay, I will attempt this in bullet form. PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO READ ALL OF THIS BEFORE CALLING WITH QUESTIONS AS OUR OFFICE REMAINS CLOSED AND OUR STAFF ARE WORKING FROM THEIR HOME.
WHAT ARE THE NEW OPTIONS?
Online credits can now be earned on line 100% of what is required. In addition to our current 6 hour online course, we now offer the 12 hour online course as well.
Any live class can now be offered in a virtual platform (ie: Go to Meeting, Zoom etc).
- MA CSL RENEWAL CLASS VIRTUAL DETAILS
- 12 CEU Class Schedule
- 6 CEU Class Schedule – Day 1 | Day 2
- 4 CEU Class Schedule
You can mix and match between some online and some virtual just like you could before – 6 online and 6 in class only now the class is in a VIRTUAL format. Sign up for the 6 hour CEU ONLINE class and then choose which virtual class you wish to attend. Either Day 1 or Day 2.
Each day has different topics, choose which day appeals to you.
DO NOTHING and wait until the SOE is lifted and then you have 90 days to attend a live class or hybrid just like before the virus issue happened. Here are links to our LIVE classes:
- LeadSMART Training CEU Program
- 12 CEU Class Schedule by location
- 6 CEU Class Schedule by location – Day 1 | Day 2
- 4 CEU Class schedule by location
By now you must know that all good news has some strings attached to it. This is no different. Please read the exceptions below.
EXCEPTIONS (UPDATED EXPLANATION FROM BBRS REGARDING ELIGIBILITY) (5/4/2020)
- The BBRS waived the IN-CLASS requirement for anyone renewing during the State of emergency. As long as they are able to renew, and the renewal is RECEIVED, during the state of emergency, the license will be renewed. This means:
- All renewals RECEIVED during the state of emergency and 90 days after can use online/virtual class certificate of completions.
- Renewals received on the 91st day will need to complete the in-class requirement and online/virtual classes will no longer be honored for the live class requirement.
- This is for anyone who is eligible to renew; license expired prior to the SOE or during the SOE and 90 days after.
We are prepared and ready to roll out these virtual classes. We will offer our two day (12 CEU) and our one day (6 CEU) classes beginning in two weeks – First of May. To see our class dates, check out our schedule above.
Remember, a virtual class is different than an online class. Live presentations, over your computer. Just as if you were at our normal class only in the comforts of your own home – no tests, no food and set times. Whereas, an online course is offered to you as a recorded program available 24/7 with tests.
We will have our additional online courses very shortly and will announce these as well. Currently we offer only a 6 CEU online course
As Dylan once said “the times they are a changing” — wonder if he was aware of how much change when he sang this? Common gripes we hear at our classes is how much things have changed in our industry. “It used to be…..” “I remember when I could…”
I give the BBRS credit for taking these accommodating steps for all of us to continue being the professionals we have become (even if it has been forced at times). Now its our turn to honor these options and not abuse them.
As we learn once again a new way to conduct our business and trade, it is so critical that all of us cooperate with each other and do the right thing. For many of us, returning to meaningful work is such an important part of our emotional and financial stability. Maybe not the best situation but it sure beats the option.
Our safety saying of “We all go home today” has taken on additional meaning.
Be careful and THINK – its hard for us old timers to learn new tricks.